Contractors Floor Screed
ALCOLIN CONTRACTORS FLOOR SCREED is a grey, cement-based and protein-free self-leveling screed which can be used as a single component system with water or as a twin pack system using a liquid additive such as ALCOLIN LATEX BOND for enhanced adhesion, flexural strength and water resistance. It is designed to provide excellent flow properties, self-smoothing characteristics, rapid walk on times and good adhesion to a variety of substrates. It is ideal for use when an economical screed is required as a flat foundation for tiling onto afterwards.
Uses / Applications
- Low shrinkage, reducing risk of developing hairline cracks.
- High compressive strength.
- Protein free, resisting microbial attack. Ideal for use in hospitals.
- Excellent self-levelling properties making it easy to achieve desired level finish.
- Prepare, repair and level uneven, internal floors prior to floor-covering installations e.g. laying of carpets, vinyl or tiles, etc.
- Suitable for application to concrete and sand or cement screeds.
- Can be applied to substrates such as anhydrite gypsum screeds, terrazzo, bitumous waterproof membranes, stone tiles, and well bonded quarry and ceramic tiles if using a priming system such as Alcolin Permo-Key Slurry Kit.
- Not suitable as a final wearing surface, unless covered with ALCOLIN PROTECTIVE TOP COAT.
- Not recommended for use as a decorative finish, unless covered with ALCOLIN PROTECTIVE TOP COAT.
- For internal use only. Protect freshly laid surfaces from draughts, direct sunlight and sources of heat.
- Not suitable for areas subject to rising damp or in permanently wet conditions.
- Do not screed over existing structural or movement joints.