Alcolin Bitumen Mastic is a heavy duty rubber modified fiber reinforced elastic bituminous mastic designed for waterproofing, repairing and sealing roof defects. It is easy to apply and remains flexible after application to accommodate any structural or thermal movement on the surface. It has excellent adhesion to most materials used in construction.
5 litre tins
Uses / Applications
- Bonding of roof paper (roof felt)
- Waterproofing of defects such as scratches, cracks and joints in roof coverings i.e. roof paper, shingles
- Sealing connections between metals, concretes and roof papers especially in places such as chimneys, skylights and ventilation duct endings
- General purpose waterproof sealing e.g. roof bolts
- Creating elastic jointless hydrophobic membranes under ground
- Not suitable for use on tar and paper tar
- Contains organic solvent – not compatible with expanded polystyrene
- Has poor UV resistance and will degrade when exposed to sunlight or UV. Apply a coating of ALCOLIN BITUMEN SILVER COATING to protect against degradation.
- Bitumen compounds tend to bleed through and discolour paints subsequently applied over it. Apply ALCOLIN BITUMEN PRIMER before painting.