Protective Top Coat
Alcolin Protective Top Coat is a UV resistant, non-yellowing, self-crosslinking single component water based acrylic coating that cures to a hard wearing, abrasion resistant and chemical resistant gloss finish that is easy to clean, making it ideal for sealing of cementitious and water based epoxy floors in interior and exterior applications in high traffic areas such as warehouses, factory and residential garage floors. Alcolin Protective Top Coat can be used in conjunction with Alcolin Epoxy Floor Paint as it provides an additional transparent protective coating. It also provides an excellent final wearing surface for cement-based screeds and self levelling screeds such as Alcolin Z100 and Z101.
Uses / Applications
- Pure acrylic - UV resistant and non-yellowing.
- High alkaline resistance - Suitable for application onto cementitious surfaces.
- Single component - self crosslinking, easy to apply.
- Abrasion resistant - improves floor durability.
- Gloss finish - improves floor aesthetics and washability.
- Hard wearing - reduced black heel marks and hot tire pick up resistance.
- Not suitable for use over dimensionally unstable flooring i.e. vinyl and wood flooring.
- Not suitable for use in areas subject to rising damp.
- Not suitable as a coat for solvent based and solvent free epoxy systems.
- Do not apply in temperatures below 5°C or above 35°C.